Welcome to Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust's
Wild Forest School Project
Wild Forest School provides fun, engaging opportunities for children in Leicester - some of whom have never had the chance to explore the outdoors – to experience the natural world and discover nature through a range of wild activities.
Watch our uplifting short film about Mellor Primary School's All Weather garden which will enable children at the school to get outside and learn come rain or shine all year round!
Wild Forest School activities include:
- Forest School sessions with children from 8 Leicester primary schools
- Running three Wild Tots pre-school groups and setting up a new Wild Tots group
- Working with 3 groups of home educated children
- Producing a Teachers Pack with lesson plans linked to numeracy and literacy targets
- Creating a new Forest School / wildlife area in a Leicester city school's grounds
- Running 6 Wild Play sessions