Welcome to Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust's
Wild Forest School Project
Wild Forest School provides fun, engaging opportunities for children in Leicester - some of whom have never had the chance to explore the outdoors – to experience the natural world and discover nature through a range of wild activities.
Watch our uplifting short film about Mellor Primary School's All Weather garden which will enable children at the school to get outside and learn come rain or shine all year round!
This year, Wild Forest School activities include:
- Forest School sessions with children from 6 Leicester primary schools
- Forest School sessions with 3 groups of home educated children
- Running four Wild Tots pre-school groups
- Working with one or two Leicester nurseries to pilot bi-monthly Wild Tots sessions with their children, either in the nursery garden or a local green space
- Delivering 12 twilight training sessions on our Wild About Learning teachers pack in 6 Leicester city schools
- Improving the outside spaces of 3 Leicester city Primary Schools both for people and wildlife