Welcome to Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust's
Wild Forest School Project
Wild Forest School provides fun, engaging opportunities for children in Leicester - some of whom have never had the chance to explore the outdoors – to experience the natural world and discover nature through a range of wild activities.
Watch our inspiring short film Why we love Wild Forest School which features children explaining in their own words what our Wild Forest School sessions mean to them.
Wild Forest School activities include:
- Forest School sessions with children from 8 Leicester primary schools
- Running three Wild Tots pre-school groups and setting up a new Wild Tots group
- Working with 3 groups of home educated children
- Producing a Teachers Pack with lesson plans linked to numeracy and literacy targets
- Creating a new Forest School / wildlife area in a Leicester city school's grounds
- Running 6 Wild Play sessions